Wednesday, September 9, 2009

DRAFT

As i step foot into my Grandpa's house, I can already smell the familiar distinct smell of chicken adobo. As I am walking in I think to myself, " I remember that smell, and I think it is chicken adobo." The kitchen is the first room that you would walk into as you walk into the house. The moment I pass the stove I can feel the heavy heat on the skin of my face and arms. I see my Dad stirring something in a big pot and I start to wonder what it is.
I peaked my face over the pot and inhaled deeply through my nose. I did not even have to look down at the pot to know that he was cooking my favorite dish, chicken adobo. While I am peaking over the pot, my Dad tells me "I know that this is your favorite food aah boy." I think to myself, I cannot wait until I can finally grab some rice and chicken adobo and sit down and eat!" The first question i always ask when someone is cooking food is " How long will it take until the food is ready because i am very hungry?"
My Dad would respond saying " Almost, just hold on and I will call you when it's done." So I would either go outside and socialize with my family, or go inside and sit back and watch TV until the food was ready. While i am sitting in the living room watching TV, I can still smell the aroma of chicken adobo flowing though the living room into all the rooms in the house. Still waiting for the food to be ready, I am in a traumatized state, having to wait for the food for so long. I finally go to the kitchen one last time to see how things are going and I ask "do you need any help cooking the food?"
My Dad reply's saying " No need boy, I'm already done cooking, your to late." From that comment he just gave me i assume hes already done cooking. Finally I can eat some rice and chicken adobo to satisfy my hunger!

2 comments:

  1. _CJ commenting darien_
    you really didn't need to repeat yourself in the beginning, but overall it was a very descriptive paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very descriptive paper with lots of details....but you talked a lot about your dad making it and didnt include techniques and ingredients, so you might want to include those

    ReplyDelete