The governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle vetoed a bill, granting gay and lesbian couples marriages the same rights and benefits that the state provides to married couples. Hawaii was almost the sixth state to allow same-sex marriage. An average of 60% from a feedback of 34,000 asked her to veto the measure.
My proposition would be to grant gay and lesbian couples the same benefits as a traditional marriage. I find that everyone deserves a chance of equal opportunity.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38118504/
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Hello darian, I like your controversial topic because there are many people who feel the same way as you and other people who disagree with you. To me i feel neutral, because first of all same sex marriage offends people because of their religion and others feel the exact same as you because they want equality. This is a great topic to argue against. :)
ReplyDeleteHiya Darian!
ReplyDeleteLike Leo, I can't come to a conclusion with this topic. I feel "yes these people should be given the right"; then again I also feel "No. The bond of marriage is something so special that it can only be between a man and a woman". There are just so many reasons why there should/ shouldn't be same sex marriage. In the eyes of religion, mainly Christianity, it is a sin to be bonded in marriage with the same gender. In the eyes of those who favor same sex marriage, these people think that gay people should be given a chance to get married. Very good proposition Darian :) It arouses so much controversy.
Hi Darian,
ReplyDeleteGood controversial issue. And almost perfect on the proposition. It should be a single sentence position statement.
assessment: 3
mrs s